Our classic lesson is our most popular guided activity and it's ideal for complete beginners, or people returning to kayaking or SUP. Let our guides introduce you to the basics of moving and controlling your craft, get a feel for moving around and the environment, then maybe learn a rescue technique or two. If you feel confident, we'll also take a short journey around the rocky coves of Cullercoats Bay. Lessons are around 90 minutes long + changing time.
- A professional and qualified adventure guide
- Premium paddlesports equipment from Tootega & Red Paddle Co.
- Warm 5mm wetsuit and all required safety equipment
You Will Need:
- Closed toe footwear for in the water (eg. wetsuit boots, aqua shoes, old trainers)
- Swimwear for under your wetsuit.
- Towel, dry clothes and dry shoes for after.
We keep a range of neoprene accessories, dry bags and waterproof phone cases available for purchase in-store.
What experience do I need?
- Comfortable around water and able to swim 25m.
- Generally fit, healthy and able to undertake moderate exercise without difficulty.
Open Lessons • Book Online • Adults and accompanied children ages 12-17
• Adult £29.50, Child £24.50
Private Lessons • E-mail us for availability
• Small group private lessons: One person £60pp, additional people £40pp
• Large group private lessons: £209 for up to eight people, additional people £29.50pp
Available dates are highlighted green. Select your preferred date to see available times, then click 'Book Now'. All payments are securely processed by SagePay. You'll receive an e-mail confirmation when your booking is complete. If you prefer to book by telephone, you can reach us on 0191 251 9412.
If you want to give this tour as a gift you can buy a voucher in-store or click here to buy gift vouchers quickly and securely online.