Riley’s Fish Shack is a stunning eatery, built from reclaimed containers, that sits right on King Eddies Bay just a mile from Cullercoats. Their food philosophy is “fabulous fish, locally caught, simply served”. King Eddies Bay is most easily accessed from the water, so Cullercoats Bike & Kayak have teamed up with Riley’s to offer a spectacular Saturday breakfast kayaking experience.
You’ll join us at Cullercoats Bay on Saturday morning at 8am for coffee by the log burner.. After a short briefing from your tour guide, we'll then head to the beach, familiarise ourselves with the kayaks and have little refresher session in the bay. Then we'll journey to Riley's, paddling south for around 45 minutes. On arrival at King Edwards Bay we’ll land through the waves, bring our boats ashore and head to the shack for our freshly prepared breakfast.
Sample Menu: Dishes may change depending on local catch
- Locally-smoked Northumbrian kippers with sides and home baked sourdough
- Riley’s breakfast fishcake with sides and home baked sourdough
- Huevos Rancheros, naked (V) or with kipper, with home baked sourdough
- Served with a hot drink of your choice
After our hearty breakfast, we’ll paddle back to Cullercoats, arriving back around 11am. Award-winning kayak tours and critically acclaimed food and drink… surely that’s worth getting up for!
- A professional and qualified adventure guide
- Premium paddlesports equipment from Tootega & Red Paddle Co.
- Warm 5mm wetsuit and all required safety equipment
- Breakfast and hot drinks
You Will Need:
- Closed toe footwear for in the water (eg. wetsuit boots, aqua shoes, old trainers)
- Swimwear for under your wetsuit.
- Towel, dry clothes and dry shoes for after.
We keep a range of neoprene accessories, dry bags and waterproof phone cases available for purchase in-store.
What experience do I need?
- Comfortable around water and able to swim 25m.
- Generally fit, healthy and able to undertake moderate exercise without difficulty.
- For SUP trips: able to stand up on the board confidently whilst paddling.
If you want to give this tour as a gift you can buy a voucher in-store or click here to buy gift vouchers quickly and securely online.
How to Book
Choose your preferred date (available dates in green) to see the available activities, then simply click 'Book Now' to choose your activity and timeslot. All payments are securely processed by SagePay and you'll receive an e-mail confirmation when your booking is complete. If you prefer to book by telephone, you can reach us on 0191 251 9412.