Durham City occupies a strategic position on the River Wear, with the river flowing around three sides of the city. This makes it an ideal paddling destination. We'll enjoy views of the cathedral, castle and the historic city core on this relaxed paddle boarding experience. Half way along our journey we'll stop for hot drinks and snacks so you can explore the riverside paths on foot too. We start and end a short walk from the historic core, so why not make a day of it, with dinner or drinks in Durham City?
- A professional and qualified adventure guide
- Premium paddlesports equipment from Tootega & Red Paddle Co.
- Waterproof paddlesports jacket and required safety equipment
- Hot drinks and hand-made snacks during the tour
You Will Need:
- Closed toe footwear for in the water (eg. wetsuit boots, aqua shoes, old trainers)
- Warm, lightweight layered clothing, like you would wear for the gym
- Towel, dry clothes and dry shoes for after.
What experience do I need?
- Comfortable around water and able to swim 25m.
- Generally fit, healthy and able to undertake moderate exercise without difficulty.
- For SUP trips: able to stand up on the board confidently whilst paddling.
Historic Durham Tour • Book Online
• £44.50 adult, £34.50 child
Private Tours • E-mail us for availability
• Private group/family tours: First eight people £349, additional places £39.50
2020 dates will be announced by mid-October 2019 so check back then.
If you want to give this tour as a gift you can buy a voucher in-store or click here to buy gift vouchers quickly and securely online.