Sit-on kayaking is the fastest growing type of kayaking in the world, however many of the training providers out there still focus their training on traditional sit-in (or enclosed cockpit) kayaks. Our Sit-on Kayak Safe Workshop is ideal for the independant sit-on kayaker, who enjoys paddling alone, with family and friends or as part of a group.
You'll learn about the essential equipment, skills and rescue techniques to help both yourself and others whilst planning your trip and paddling. You'll also learn how to summon help should you need it. Note, this is not a first aid course.
Our course is delivered by an experienced British Canoeing instructor. Our aim is to provide a relaxed learning environment in a range of environmental conditions. We'll deliver a morning and afternoon session in two different environments, this might include:
- Sheltered tidal water (eg. Cullercoats Bay)
- Sheltered moving water (eg. Tyne Estuary)
- A full day of practical training from a an experienced British Canoeing instructor
- Use of a sit-on kayak if required
Wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet is not included but can be added for £15 per day if you don't have your own.
To register on this course you should be:
- Aged over 18, or be aged 12-17 and be accompanying an adult on the course.
- Confident kayaking in sheltered coastal waters and able to lift and manoever your kayak
- Have the ability to swim confidently, wearing paddling kit
- Sunday 19 April
- Saturday 13 June
- Saturday 10 October
How to Book
Available dates are highlighted green. Select your preferred date to see available times, then click 'Book Now'. All payments are securely processed by SagePay. You'll receive an e-mail confirmation when your booking is complete. If you prefer to book by telephone, you can reach us on 0191 251 9412.