Our late summer adventure weekender of 2020 takes place just outside Seahouses on the fringes of the Northumberland Coast AONB. Comfortable bunkhouse lodgings, epic scenery and some great hiking and paddling await on this two day exploration of England's most remote county. Activities are always weather dependant but past itineraries have included:
- Hiking the Northumberland Coast AONB, exploring sleepy coastal villages and historic castles
- Paddling the River Tweed on the Scottish Border, a beautiful and easy to navigate river, with fantastic scenery too.
- Exploring the iconic coastline between Craster and Beadnell Bay by kayak and SUP, including the secluded beaches and reefs of Sugar Sands & Howick
- Optional kayak surfing on remote Northumberland beaches, enjoying having the waves all to ourselves
- BBQs, relaxing by the fire, stargazing and enjoying local food and drink.
Take a look at some photos from our Cragside Weekender in 2019
Who’s it for?
Adventurous people looking to escape to the great outdoors for the weekend. You should enjoy being in and around water too. Age 18+.
When is it?
Friday 9th October (4pm) to Sunday 11th October (5pm)
- Two full days of guided outdoor activity to include at least one hike and two water activities, exact routes TBC based on weather conditions.
- Two nights self-catering accommodation in four person bunk rooms, each room with an en-suite, at The Lookout, Springhill Farm.
- BBQ dinner on Friday night. Tea/coffee/milk supplied throughout the weekend.
- Use of sit-on kayaks and premium SUPs all weekend.
- All safety equipment and suitable PPE required for the water based activities.
- CBK's team on-site to assist you throughout your stay.
What’s not included?
Extras you'll need to think about are:
- Food and drink. Note there are on-site cooking facilities and nearby pubs, restaurants and supermarkets.
- Transport throughout the weekend, you will need your own car or a lift share to travel to activity sites.
- Travel insurance that covers activity holidays. We recommend Sportscover Direct for trip insurance or top-up insurance for your existing policy.
- The items shown on the detailed packing list.
- £259 based on two sharing a double or twin room.
Book online and pay your deposit of £99 per person below, the balance is due 12 weeks before the trip. You can contact us anytime at email@example.com or on 0191 251 9412.