Ready to hit the surf? Looking for warmer waters? CBK's are pleased to offer our THIRD Surf Kayak Camp to Baleal, Portugal in collaboration with Naturexperience. Water temperature is a balmy 17-18 degrees in November and with rolling Atlantic swells creating perfect waves year-round, western Portugal is a great place for your winter surf break.
Who’s it for?
For people looking to get into or improve their surf kayaking. This trip is all about relaxed, chilled out surfing, so it’s ideal for anyone who has flat water kayaking experience and is starting to play in moving water. Whether you’re a regular paddler or just getting started in kayak surf, the choice of beaches and waves should allow us to find something that suits your ability. Plus you'll be with a great group of people who all love the water too. This is an adults trip, but 16-18s are welcome with a parent or guardian. This year we're limiting the group to just eight people.
When is it?
Tuesday 17 November to Sunday 22 November 2020. You can make your trip longer or shorter and just meet us in Baleal if you prefer!
Surf kayak camp includes:
- Half day coaching sessions on Wed, Thur, Fri and Sat from Alberto Miguel: Portugese National Champion Surf Kayaker
- Use of an RPF sit-on surf kayak and paddle throughout the week, for coached sessions and practice time
- Three 'try-it' surf kayak sessions in the UK before you go, with CBK's
- 5 nights self-catering accommodation at Balel Spot Hotel, just 50m from the beach in a private, en-suite room
- Daily surf trips with local surf guides from Naturexperience to the best waves in the area
- CBK's staff on-site to assist you throughout your stay
- Optional led walking trips to Peniche Town, Peniche Lighthouse and the many local surf stores
- Use of a buoyancy aid and helmet if required
- Transfers from Lisbon Airport to Baleal - if travelling on same flight as CBK Team (Easyjet, Edinburgh to Lisbon)
- Surf board lessons with NaturExperience
- Day trip to Nazaré to see the world’s largest surfable wave (only if it’s working, spectating only)
- Day trip to Lisbon by coach
Everything above is optional of course. If you just want to chill in a hammock one day, swim the next, eat sardines and drink beer, you'll still be very welcome!
What’s not included?
Extras you'll need to think about are:
- UK Transfers
- Transfer to Baleal (if travelling independantly of CBK staff)
- Travel insurance that covers surf kayaking holidays. We recommend Sportscover Direct for trip insurance or top-up insurance for your existing policy.
- Wetsuit and boots hire: we recommend buying your own, but we can hire you one for £40 for the week.
Note: If you travel on the same flight as the CBK staff (Edinburgh to Lisbon, Easyjet) we can help with your luggage/kit transfer to Edinburgh free of charge, as we take our van up there.
- £639 based on two sharing a double or twin room
- Single supplement £89 if you are a solo traveller and require a private room
When and how do I pay? - We require a £199 deposit at time of booking. The balance is due 12 weeks before departure (mid August).
Book online and pay your deposit below, we'll be in touch at least 12 weeks before to discuss next steps! You can contact us anytime at email@example.com or on 0191 251 9412.