Join us and explore St Mary's Island by kayak. The island and nearby clifftop reserve is a coastal nature reserve, providing a unique habitat for many species of coastal birds. It is also an important haul-out site for Grey Seals. As well as an abundance of wildlife, the surrounding waters contain ship wrecks, islands, reefs and cliffs that we can get amongst and explore in our kayaks. During the tour we usually land on one of the smaller islands or the less sensitive areas of shoreline for hot chocolate and cookies.
The sensitivity of the local environment is at the forefront of our mind, from design to delivery of our kayak tours. On this tour we are extra cautious to minimise disturbance to the seals and birds that use the island. We always observe the SCA Guide to Good Environmental Practice.
- A professional and qualified adventure guide
- Premium paddlesports equipment from Tootega & Red Paddle Co.
- Warm 5mm wetsuit and all required safety equipment
- Hot drinks and hand-made snacks during the tour
You Will Need:
- Closed toe footwear for in the water (eg. wetsuit boots, aqua shoes, old trainers)
- Swimwear for under your wetsuit.
- Towel, dry clothes and dry shoes for after.
What experience do I need?
- Comfortable around water and able to swim 25m.
- Generally fit, healthy and able to undertake moderate exercise without difficulty.
- For SUP trips: able to stand up on the board confidently whilst paddling.
Open Tours • Book Online • Adults and accompanied over 13s
• £44.50 adult, £38.50 age 14-17
Private Tours • E-mail us for availability
• Private group/family tours: £279 for up to eight people, additional people £39.50pp
*2020 dates will be available by mid-October, watch this space.*
If you want to give this tour as a gift you can buy a voucher in-store or click here to buy gift vouchers quickly and securely online.