Famed for its seven bridges spanning the steep Tyne Gorge, the Quayside of Newcastle and Gateshead is best experienced from the water. There is no jostling for position here as you quietly paddle beneath the bridges, snapping pictures and enjoying the view as you go.
Our professional river guides will show you the sights of Newcastle and Gateshead from a whole new perspective and explain some of the history behind this great northern river and city. We will also give you an extensive safety brief and help you with paddling tips and techniques.
Quayside Explorer Tours
Sat 7 Mar, then regular dates between 18 April & 25 October: Our summer tours explore the river between Ouseburn and Dunston Staithes.
- See the famous bridges from a unique perspective
- Explore parts of the city only accessible by water
- Explore the city's illustrious past, present and future.
- Guiding by a professional kayak instructor
£44.50 per person.
Also available: Winter Glow Tours
Illuminated kayak trips after dark! Limited availability, last dates: 28 Mar & 29 Mar. £49.50 per person. E-mail for details.
- A professional and qualified adventure guide
- Premium paddlesports equipment from Tootega & Red Paddle Co.
- Waterproof paddlesports jacket and dry pants plus all required safety equipment
You Will Need:
- Closed toe footwear for in the water (eg. wetsuit boots, aqua shoes, old trainers)
- Warm, lightweight layered clothing, like you would wear for the gym
- Towel, dry clothes and dry shoes for after
Note: we don't expect you to get very wet and we never intentionally enter the water, however your legs and feet will be very damp afterwards.
What experience do I need?
- Comfortable around water and able to swim 25m
- Generally fit, healthy and able to undertake moderate exercise without difficulty
If you want to give this tour as a gift you can buy a voucher in-store or click here to buy gift vouchers quickly and securely online.
Available dates are shown below in green. Select the date to see start and end times, or to quickly book your tour online. If you need assistance or prefer to book by phone, please call us on 0191 251 9412.
Private & Group Tours
If you have your own group of family or friends and would like a private tour, please do get in touch by e-mail: email@example.com or telephone: 0191 251 9412. Dates/times are flexible. Prices start from £315 for the first group of up to 8 people, additional places are then priced at £44.50 per person.