As we approach that time of year educators and youth leaders begin to think about end of term reward days, we thought we'd offer something a little different. We invite all local teachers and youth leaders to join us at our Coasteering Preview Evening on Thursday 2 May, 16.30-18.30! You can try out this unique coastal activity with our professional instructor team, completely on the house. This is your chance to find out if this is a great fit your students or group.
What is Coasteering?
It's all about exploring the local coast at sea level. No boats, no boards, just your gang and the rocky shore (and one of our professional guides of course!). The four main elements are…
- Jumping: Rock hopping and cliff jumping. From belly flopping & flipping to bombs & pencil jumps. All optional, challenge your limits!
- Climbing: Scramble climbing & sea level traversing. Working our way along the rocky coastline, when the rocks run out…jump in!
- Swimming: More directional floating than swimming due to the buoyant kit. Whether it’s a rolling surf or a calm glassy sea.
- Water Features: Washing Machine, Toilet Flush…feel the power of the North Sea!
How do young people benefit from Coasteering?
Young people love Coasteering as it challenges them in many ways. Everyone leaves the session buzzing and more confident:
- Physically: Lots of flexing, bending, jumping and swimming, a workout for the whole body.
- Mentally: Pushing their boundaries a little bit, embracing a sense of adventure and experiencing the biological and physical coastal environment from a new perspective.
- Socially: Groups rely on team work, communication, camaraderie, problem solving and cooperation throughout.
We recommend Coasteering for kids aged 8+. Sessions are tailored according to age, maturity and ability.
What's the Preview Night about?
Come along to our base in Cullercoats and we'll show you what it's all about. A rough programme of the evening is:
- 16.30 Arrival, welcome & changing. Refeshments also provided.
- 17.00 Safety briefing & warm up
- 17.15: Guided Coasteering session in Cullercoats area
- 18.30: Debrief, changing and depart
There will be a chance to ask questions and chat to the instructors throughout. Our Education and Groups Manager will accompany the tour too.
How do I sign up?
If you'd like to give it a try, local educators and group leaders can try it for free. Sign up for our preview night here: