Our Secondary School activities are designed for enquiring minds and active bodies. The emphasis for us with this age group is creating a passion for quality time spent outdoors, reinforcing important water safety messages and delivering relevent curriculum aims and objectives that support in-school learning. From kayaking to coasteering, we offer a range of aquatic and land-based activities here at the coast.
The following links provide details of the full range of activities we offer, venues and some useful FAQs. Please note: Kayaking is recognised by Awarding Organisations as an activity with a competitive or formal condition in which students can be assessed.
All of our activities will support the delivery of both the KS3, KS4 and KS5 curriculum in physical education. Specific examples include:
• KS3: Take part in outdoor and adventurous activities which present intellectual and physical challenges and be encouraged to work in a team, building on trust and developing skills to solve problems, either individually or as a group.
• KS4: Take part in further outdoor and adventurous activities in a range of environments as above. Continue to take part regularly in competitive sports and activities outside school through community links or sports clubs.
• KS5: Understand the contribution physical activity makes to health and fitness. Refine ability to perform in physical activity by developing techniques and strategies.
• Swimming and water safety: Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Our instructors can also tailor your programme of activities to look at other subject elements too. Examples include:
• Science: How living organisms are interdependent and show adaptations to their environment. Populations, communities and ecosystems. Species interaction with each other, with the environment and with humans.
• Geography: Understand how human and physical processes interact to influence and change landscapes and environments; and how human activity relies on the effective functioning of natural systems.
• PSHE: Healthy lifestyles. Personal safety and wellbeing.
You can choose between a half day or full day programme. For half day programmes:
- Up to 8 kids: choose 1 activity
- 9-16 kids: choose 2 activities
- 17+ kids choose 3 activities
For full day programmes and very large groups, we'll design a bespoke itinerary for you, which may include our water activities as well as beach games, lifeguarding and water safety skills.
Kate Grimshaw, Valley Gardens Middle School, Monkseaton
We have used CBK for the last 3 years and have we have been so impressed with the high standard of delivery from all the fabulous staff. CBK have demonstrated consistently high standards in terms of safeguarding, health and safety and quality of coaching. All pupils can't help but love the sessions which are ran by friendly, approachable, kind staff. CBK encapsulate a positive water experience.
1st/7th Whitley Bay Sea Scouts
25 of our Scouts had a great time last night with Curtis and Nick on SUP's at Cullercoats and Josh and Michael out Coasteering on Browns Bay. Safety was paramount but fun not inhibited in any way under the careful watch of CBK's Team. This is our second visit now and we're sure to be back again.
- Half Day £24 per pupil
- Full Day £42 per pupil
Send us an enquiry
The best way to find out more is to contact our dedicated Education and Groups Manager, Sarah Atkinson. Sarah can discuss your requirements and assist with the booking process from initial enquiry through to your visit.
|Parental Consent Form.pdf||830.13 KB|